My research activity on electrochemistry has been focused on the following topics:
- Physical Electrochemistry:
- Electrochemical formation of metallic phases
- Thermodynamics of the metal /solution interface
- Electrochemistry of nanostructured systems
- Molecular Electrochemistry:
- Formation and growth of conductive polymers
- Electrochemistry in Ionic Liquids
- Electrochemical combustion of organic compounds on oxides
- Applied Electrochemistry:
- Electrochemical instrumentation
- Electrochemical desulfurization of crude and lube oils
- Analytical Electrochemistry:
- Collaboration on the design and characterisation of electrochemical sensors based on clay modified electrodes.
This work has been developed on the University Simón Bolívar (USB) Electrochemistry Laboratory (LABEQ) and also in collaboration with the USB Electroanalitycal Chemistry Group, the Electrochemistry Institute at the Universidad de Alicante (España), Prof. Jacek Lipkowski of the Chemistry Department on Guelph University (Canada) and the Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Materials Electrochemistry and Engineering at the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana – Núcleo Azcapotzalco (México).